Thursday, June 9, 2011

These Are My Confessions

I don't have an illegitimate child.  I'm not Usher.  But can I confess something completely random?  I sort of love Americana in the summer.  A lot like how I love going to the mall and the blatant consumerism of the holidays. I know, I know, so not like me at all, but there's something so deeply nostalgic about these things that I can't help but immerse myself in the pageantry of the seasons.  I like to think about how the Fourth of July and Christmas must have been in the fifties, when people loved them in an honest red-blooded way before we all became so jaded.  I know I'm totally romanticizing the past, but isn't that what we all do?

Anyway.  I don't know why I was thinking about that, or why I felt the need to bring it up.  Maybe because the Fourth is just around the corner (as is my birthday - send presents!  I'll gladly accept diamonds.).

In other news, I went thrifting on Broadway yesterday and spent a lot of money.  Well I spent like $35, including the bomb-diggity salted butterscotch pretzel ice cream cone from Sweet Action.  Ah. Maze. Ing.  Maybe the best ice cream parlor (parlour, if you're fancy) in Denver...except maybe Liks?  Liks has better ambiance with all the trees and outdoor benches in Cap Hill, but Sweet Action has some crazy flavors (brown butter sage, honey corn bread, whiskey brickle: all amazing.  Avocado, not so much.).  In defense of my spending, I returned a $40 scarf to Anthropologie and I just decided to call it a draw.  Maybe I'm breaking some rules.  So what.  All in all I got three tops, a new (better?) scarf and this rad vase.  Win:


Oh!  And I almost forgot I actually DID go to the Denver Chalk Art Festival last weekend.  All types of awesome going on there.  Don't miss the Cherry Creek Arts Festival or First Friday in July, people!







Oh geez.  I really REALLY need to learn how to format photos on here better.  Bear with me, I'll work on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment