Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Youthful Fancy

Alright, I know I sounded a little bit silly in that last post, but I'm still convinced I can't be the only person wondering where the line between legitimate risks and craziness lies.

Anyway, I was thinking this morning (as I'm playing hooky from work to create) that everything I'm doing or wanting to do now is stuff I did as a child - so maybe we should pay more attention to those childhood dreams and callings.  When I was younger (maybe 8 to 11) I spent a lot of time with my best friend making jewelry out of thrift store finds (in fact I still have a bunch of tiny, handpainted wooden birds from one of those finds that I want to repurpose), sewing tiny stuffed animals out of felt (we were in heavy corporate competition with Beanie Babies - no joke) and writing classroom newspapers and magazines to sell to our fellow students (crushing the competition in the meantime).  Seriously.  That was my childhood: I was a tiny entrepreneurial craftswoman.  And now I'm thinking that wasn't so far off after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment