Sunday, April 3, 2011

Seeking the Canary

I love birds. I especially love sparrows; I have a tattoo of a sparrow on my hip to remind me not to let anything hold me back in life, particularly my own fears. However, I chose a canary as a title for this blog because, besides being pithy (my name is Kat - I am so clever, right?), canaries are supposed to be symbols of happiness and signs that the path is clear ahead. And that's exactly what I'm looking for in life: my own clear path to happiness. I don't know what it looks like yet, but I'm prepared to search high and low to find it. And who knows - maybe this will be one of those the-beauty-is-in-the-journey type stories.

This probably sounds like a bit of a cliche, a twenty-something blogging about her quest for identity, meaning and joy in life. But I don't want to approach this blog with any of that self-consciousness. I don't care if it's a little trite, this is my journey and I deserve a voice in the zeitgeist as much as anyone. Maybe I'll come up with a real purpose or a plan or an experiment while writing this blog (I smell a book deal!), but for now it's just me...and that's just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment